Monday 6 July 2009

In the beginning...

The first post to my blog. I've been thinking about setting one up for a while and decided to actually do it today.

The hardest part was trying to find a name. Something catchy was the order of the day, but of course all of those have been taken! I tried a fair number of song titles and lyrics that might fit the bill, but the domains (within the blogspot empire) had all been taken.

The thing is that I don't intend the blog to have any particular subject matter so I needed to choose something fairly generic and non-specific. 'Another Day' (Bryan Adams) was the early front runner although 'It's My Life' (Bon Jovi) was another early unavailable selection.

Ideas then became a little more obscure - 'Rainbow's Gold' (Iron Maiden) was one, and from the lyrics of 10th Avenue Freeze Out 'From the Coastline to the City'. I ruled these out as not 'catchy' enough as a title. Sticking with Springsteen though, I eventually settled on 'Lost in the Flood' as it's what I'm sure most of my posts will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment