Saturday 11 July 2009

Tolerance

Serving food under pressure to hungry people is not as easy as it seems. I will certainly be more tolerant of delays next time I go into McDonalds or some such and there is a queue of people.

I spent two hours this afternoon (between 1 and 3) manning a BBQ at the local carnival. There were 5 or 6 of us at a time, with three cooking the food and another 2 or 3 serving.

I was one of the public faces tackling the hungry punters head on. We took their order, cut the bread, added cheese if they wanted it then turned to the cookists for the meat and onions. With the completed gourmet in hand we then swapped it for cash.

It was a baptism of fire starting the shift at 1pm as the queue was non stop and we didn't come up for air for 45 minutes. I though we coped really well with just a short wait for sausages for a period.

I then enjoyed a couple of hours at the carnival with my family, particularly shooting some arrows at the archery stand. Even the occasional heavy bursts of rain couldn't dampen the spirits. A long, tiring but very pleasant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment